- Challenging Family Circumstance or Unusual Hardship
- United States citizen
- Texas resident
- Attended a high school or were home schooled in one of the following Texas counties: Aransas, Bee, Goliad, Karnes, Kleberg, Nueces, Refugio, San Patricio, Victoria
- Graduating senior in the school year 2022-2023, a student already enrolled in a College, University or Trade School, or a returning student
- Has taken the ACT/SAT or TSI (if applicable)
- Planning to attend an accredited undergraduate college or university, trade or technical school
- To maintain eligibility, an overall GPA of 2.5 and full-time student status is required
The Scholarship will be awarded based on each of the following:
- Challenging Family Circumstances or Unusual Hardship
- Financial Need
- Academic Success
The following items must be submitted:
- Application (click link below to download)
- Official High School Transcript (or College or University Transcript)
- SAT/ACT or TSI Test Scores (if applicable)
- FAFSA Student Aid Report
- 3 Letters of Recommendation
- Your Story in Your Words
- Photography Consent & Release
The scholarship application must be completed and received no later than March 15, 2023.
- DHF will award scholarships up to $16,000.
- Scholarship Recipients will be notified in May 2023.
- Payment will be made directly to school upon confirmation of enrollment.